New Minor Features & Behavior Changes
- #611 Support for Message of the Day is now enabled in Tigase XMPP Server and can be administered using XEP-0133 Service Administration.
- #1569 Re-implemented XEP-0133 Service Administration Scripts
4.3 Disable User and
4.4 Re-enable User.
- #1449 Monitoring modules now works in OSGi mode.
auto-authorize of presence subscriptions can now be set for individual vhosts.
- #1968 Added a Proxy Wrapper to handle reconnections to database connection pool to help prevent deadlocking threads.
- #3511 Mechanism responsible for closing XMPP in SessionManager has been changed to process all packets from TCP connection before closing connection.
- #3802 Implementation and API of LocalEventBus and ClusteredEventBus has been unified and is now available as EventBus.
- #3918 Session Establishment Advertisement is now optional, bringing session establishment in line with RFC 6121.
- #4111 Changed input buffer sizing to use a ratio of 2 to 1 based on input capacity. No longer using a constant value.
- #4212 Database schema files have been flattened and made for better organization.
CounterDataFileLogger now has an upper limit and will be default be shrunk to 75% if available disk space is 5% or less than 100MB.
- #4654 PubSub component has been updated and new schema uses UTF-8 encoding when hashing database lookup.
- #4776 Tigase
DbSchemaLoader now prompts for password if one is missing from command line.
- #4788 Push component added to dist-max archive.
- #4814 SASL-SCRAM will now be automatically disabled if auth database uses encoded passwords.
- #4844 External components can now have SSL socket connections assigned to them.
- #4859 Tigase
DbSchemaLoader now can support using SSL when connecting to databases.
- #4874 Tigase Test Suite has been updated to correspond to all changes for v8.0.0.
- #4877 In-memory repository implemented for testing ONLY.
- #4880 Tigase config-type settings have been reduced and changed. See this section for more details.
- #4908 Limited Ad-hoc execution to admin only within monitor component.
- #5005 Detailed logging configuration is now available in DSL format. See xref:[customLogging] for more details.
- #5069 Packet processed statistics now separates results based on XML Namespaces.
- #5079 Tigase
DbSchemaLoader can now process multiple .sql files in one command by using a comma separated list when calling.
- #5086 Tigase server monitor is loaded after delay to prevent NPE during startup.
StanzaSender Components have been deprecated and are no longer part of Tigase XMPP Server. Related SQL tables
short_news have also been removed from schemas.
- #5150 All TigaseDB tables now use the
- #5214 Check has been added if recipient exists before storing offline messages for local jid.
DbSchemaLoader now will fail execution instead of skipping when encountering missing files.
- #5379 Server ready detection has been improved in testrunner.sh.
- #5397 Webhelp Documentation will no longer be built.
- #5422 Errors with Beans will now result in compact and more readable StackTrace print in console log.
- #5423 System configuration will now be printed to log file as
GetConfigFile scripts moved to message-router instead of basic-conf.
- #5429 Adjusted settings for Dynamic Rostering now can use separate beans for multiple implementations.
BindResource is now set to FINER log level to reduce console output verbosity.
- #5475 Setting default environment variables is now possible in
config.tdsl file using
env('env-1', 'def-value') lines. Details available in DSL Configuration section.
Destroy Schema task now added to schema manager.
- #5583 Error messages now properly sent when offline message storage is full.
- #5674 All components now use UTC timestamp when interacting with databases.
- #5800 Better annotation of deprecated code, cleanup and removal code previously marked as deprecated.
- #5964 Server version is now added to JMX statistics.
- #5982 Remote JVM debugging configuration added to tigase.conf file, commented by default.
- #6038 Data Source pool connections are now initialized concurrently instead of one at a time, dropping initializing time.
RosterElement`no longer keeps `XMPPResourceConnection instance as it is cached elsewhere. Removal results in net improvement in memory footprint.
- #6133 Tigase now checks components against server version to ensure compatibility.
- #6163 Groovy plugin updated to v2.4.12.
- #6206 Separated TigaseXMLTools and TigaseUtil packages for better compatibility with JDK v9.
- #6216 MongoDB Driver now updated to v3.5.0.
- #6560 tigase anti-spam component now included in tigase dist-max archive.
- #6821 Improved error reporting when errors from
DefaultTypesConverter no longer requires case sensitive enums.
ClassUtilBean now handles packet filtering for packets part of Tigase Server but not containing beans, other improvements to mDNS.
SeeOtherHost no longer uses
PropertiesBeanConfigurator to parse configuration.
- #7446 User credentials can now be managed with Ad-hoc commands.
- #7743 Improved error message when repository is not found.
- #7773 Ad-hoc commands can now by executed asynchronously.
- #2341 allow specifying SubscriptionType when adding buddy to avoid calling separately .setBuddySubscription() thus eliminating saving roster twice to database if not needed